- "International adoption: Saving orphans or child trafficking?" bit.ly/19Y7yHg #adoptee #neocolonialproject 2 months ago
- @evasworld somehow we missed this! thank you SO much for representing AFAAD out in the world Eva!! 2 months ago
- RT @evasworld: Showing love for @AFAAD at #ARD2013 in #ATL Tomorrow #AdopteeRights #Adoptees. http://t.co/j83e1K7HVh 2 months ago
- RT @adopteesrock: The APRC (adoptee org) just released a statement about @Reuters The Child Exchange. Member this @CCAInstitute ? http://t.… 2 months ago
- RT @TransracialEyes: Comment on The “adoption-friendly” workplace. by JBH | "Interesting that Brent could find a definition so..." | http:/… 3 months ago
Tag Archives: adult adoptees
Dear AFAAD Community of Members & Supporters, What a year 2011 has been for us! We have been blessed to continue much of our outreach work, our educational workshops, discussions, presentations and support of films and artistic productions. We supported … Continue reading
The 4th International Conference on Adoption and Culture Mapping Adoption: Histories, Geographies, Literatures, Politics March 22 – 25, 2012 The Claremont Colleges, Claremont, California Call for Proposals For our 2012 conference, we are expanding our concerns to include not only … Continue reading
March 14th AFAAD Bay Area Special Public Education Event AFAAD Welcomes adoptee and poet Rock Wilk’s solo theater show, “Broke Wide Open” to Oakland as part of our 2011 “Adoptee Voices” Series! Monday, March 14, 8pm. Oakland, CA. Please join … Continue reading
3rd Annual AFAAD (Mini) Gathering for Adoptees and Foster Care Alumni of African Descent and screening of the film, “Off and Running” (co sponsored by PBS’s POV films) Saturday November 13, in Atlanta, GA!
What: 3rd Annual AFAAD (Mini) Gathering for Adoptees and Foster Care Alumni of African Descent and screening of the film, “Off and Running” (co sponsored by PBS’s POV films) in Atlanta, GA. 1-day event, partially open to the public FREE!! … Continue reading
AFAAD is collaborating with other adoptees of color and going to the United States Social Forum and presenting! Its very exciting. The workshop title is, “Where have all our children gone? Linking child removal from communities of color to larger … Continue reading
Non-Profit Volunteer Support Needed!! Black Adoptee and Foster Care Organization AFAAD — Adopted and Fostered Adults of the African Diaspora is looking for qualified volunteers to work with our organization. We are looking for one interns and a few volunteers … Continue reading
AFAAD supports this effort! Please vote to Return Adult Adoptees the right to their Original Birth Certificates VOTE HERE!
Please read and share this Statement on Haiti released by the Adoptees of Color Roundtable of which AFAAD is a main collaborator: (Official AFAAD statement Wednesday, January 27th, 2010) “This statement reflects the position of an international community of adoptees … Continue reading
AFAAD (Adopted and Fostered Adults of the African Diaspora) would like to invite the larger Bay Area to our Annual Public education event and Benefit – “Art House: Adoptees and Foster Care Alumni Speak”, featuring poets, novelists, short films and … Continue reading
We are one month away from our 2nd Annual Gathering! Lots of great folks scheduled to come through. We hope you can make it!