Call for Volunteers – Please pass on to students or other folks you know would be interested in our work!
AFAAD — Adopted and Fostered Adults of the African Diaspora is looking for qualified volunteers to work with our organization. We are looking for two interns who will work collaboratively with the existing board and founding members, as well as the larger community to assist with our annual projects.
Volunteer Position Commitment
5 -10 hours a week
July – Nov 2009
Location: Oakland, CA (but MN and ATL positions soon!!)
what we need:
– marketing and communication support (website, twitter, email lists, blog)
– newsletter development and editing
– website development support
– Nov 2009 conference planning
– fund raising campaign support
– someone with their own laptop / portable
– administrative support (mailing, database entry, editing)
what you will get:
– experience with a project from beginning to end
– experience with web marketing and communication
– development of professional relationships with a diverse group of adoptees and foster care alumni
– strong skills in a environment that respects your contributions
– volunteer appreciation lunch or happy hour
please contact Lisa Marie with a resume and brief letter of interest, stating your interest in the project at firstname.lastname@example.org by July 20th, 2009. QLGBT and people of color encouraged to apply.