Non-Profit Volunteer Support Needed!! Black Adoptee and Foster Care Organization
AFAAD — Adopted and Fostered Adults of the African Diaspora is looking for qualified volunteers to work with our organization. We are looking for one interns and a few volunteers who will work collaboratively with the existing board and founding members, as well as the larger community to assist with our annual projects.
About AFAAD: AFAAD is an adoptee and foster care alumni led organization that connects, supports, and advocates for the needs of the African diasporic adoption and foster care community on a global level through community outreach, legislative advocacy, research, and social gatherings.
AFAAD believes that providing connections for and creating space to make visible the adoption and foster community in Black/ African diasporic cultures worldwide will give support to those who otherwise remain isolated in their experiences. Another of AFAAD objectives is to ensure that conversations around adoption in both academia and in populate culture progress in a way that include contributions by adult adoptees. We support those who are conducting cutting-edge research, restructuring child welfare laws and policies, and creating new artwork, performance and films that reflect our unique experiences and perspectives. We place race, culture and connection at the forefront of our stories. We are committed to voicing a powerful message about kinship, family, race, survival, and global black identities.
Volunteer Position Commitment
5 -10 hours a week
May 15 – August 15, 2010
What we need:
– Nov 2010 conference planning support
– fundraising campaign support
– marketing and membership communication support (website, twitter, email lists, blog)
– newsletter development and editing
– website development support
– someone with their own laptop / portable
– administrative support (mailing, database entry, editing)
What you will get:
– experience developing a project from beginning to end
– experience with web marketing and communication
– development of professional relationships with a diverse group of adoptees and foster care alumni
– strong programming skills in a environment that respects your contributions
– volunteer appreciation lunch
– support for your future endeavors
Please contact Lisa Marie Rollins with a resume and brief letter of interest, stating your interest in volunteering at firstname.lastname@example.org DEADLINE May 10, 2010