- RT @AselefechE: I Am Black History: Ethiopian Adoptees on Race, Identity, and More wp.me/p4ZaEa-23 via @AselefechE 7 years ago
- "Karen Valby & her husband, who are white, have 2 adopted daughters, 1 Ethiopian, 1 AfricanAmer" ti.me/1AggB7B #blackadoptee 7 years ago
- "#Adoptee Anger" by @laealong bit.ly/1DgyL8g #adoption #race 7 years ago
- RT @mckeekee: ‘Black or White’ is an incredibly awful movie about race wapo.st/1z7abW4 via @washingtonpost 7 years ago
- Adoptive Parents: WEBINAR w @pactadopt : Parenting strategies for adopted children from two to five years old. bit.ly/16QbLAv 7 years ago
Author Archives: Lisa Marie
Dear AFAAD Community of Members & Supporters, What a year 2011 has been for us! We have been blessed to continue much of our outreach work, our educational workshops, discussions, presentations and support of films and artistic productions. We supported … Continue reading
News from South Africa on Adoption: “JOHANNESBURG (AFP) – In the wake of Madonna’s adoptions in nearby Malawi, and a commercial surrogacy boom in India, South Africa is laying out stricter rules for foreigners looking to make families here. Last … Continue reading
The 4th International Conference on Adoption and Culture Mapping Adoption: Histories, Geographies, Literatures, Politics March 22 – 25, 2012 The Claremont Colleges, Claremont, California Call for Proposals For our 2012 conference, we are expanding our concerns to include not only … Continue reading
You can make an immediate impact by contributing to our work on line! Your donations are 100% tax-deductible. PLEASE HELP US REACH OUR $5000 FUND RAISING GOAL! November 2010 Dear Friend, Four years ago, a group of over 30 Black … Continue reading
3rd Annual AFAAD (Mini) Gathering for Adoptees and Foster Care Alumni of African Descent and screening of the film, “Off and Running” (co sponsored by PBS’s POV films) Saturday November 13, in Atlanta, GA!
What: 3rd Annual AFAAD (Mini) Gathering for Adoptees and Foster Care Alumni of African Descent and screening of the film, “Off and Running” (co sponsored by PBS’s POV films) in Atlanta, GA. 1-day event, partially open to the public FREE!! … Continue reading
Non-Profit Volunteer Support Needed!! Black Adoptee and Foster Care Organization AFAAD — Adopted and Fostered Adults of the African Diaspora is looking for qualified volunteers to work with our organization. We are looking for one interns and a few volunteers … Continue reading
AFAAD supports this effort! Please vote to Return Adult Adoptees the right to their Original Birth Certificates VOTE HERE!
AFAAD (Adopted and Fostered Adults of the African Diaspora) would like to invite the larger Bay Area to our Annual Public education event and Benefit – “Art House: Adoptees and Foster Care Alumni Speak”, featuring poets, novelists, short films and … Continue reading
We are one month away from our 2nd Annual Gathering! Lots of great folks scheduled to come through. We hope you can make it!