- RT @AselefechE: I Am Black History: Ethiopian Adoptees on Race, Identity, and More wp.me/p4ZaEa-23 via @AselefechE 5 days ago
- "Karen Valby & her husband, who are white, have 2 adopted daughters, 1 Ethiopian, 1 AfricanAmer" ti.me/1AggB7B #blackadoptee 2 weeks ago
- "#Adoptee Anger" by @laealong bit.ly/1DgyL8g #adoption #race 3 weeks ago
- RT @mckeekee: ‘Black or White’ is an incredibly awful movie about race wapo.st/1z7abW4 via @washingtonpost 3 weeks ago
- Adoptive Parents: WEBINAR w @pactadopt : Parenting strategies for adopted children from two to five years old. bit.ly/16QbLAv 3 weeks ago
Category Archives: AFAAD Gatherings
You can make an immediate impact by contributing to our work on line! Your donations are 100% tax-deductible. PLEASE HELP US REACH OUR $5000 FUND RAISING GOAL! November 2010 Dear Friend, Four years ago, a group of over 30 Black … Continue reading
3rd Annual AFAAD (Mini) Gathering for Adoptees and Foster Care Alumni of African Descent and screening of the film, “Off and Running” (co sponsored by PBS’s POV films) Saturday November 13, in Atlanta, GA!
What: 3rd Annual AFAAD (Mini) Gathering for Adoptees and Foster Care Alumni of African Descent and screening of the film, “Off and Running” (co sponsored by PBS’s POV films) in Atlanta, GA. 1-day event, partially open to the public FREE!! … Continue reading
AFAAD (Adopted and Fostered Adults of the African Diaspora) would like to invite the larger Bay Area to our Annual Public education event and Benefit – “Art House: Adoptees and Foster Care Alumni Speak”, featuring poets, novelists, short films and … Continue reading
We are one month away from our 2nd Annual Gathering! Lots of great folks scheduled to come through. We hope you can make it!
Please come to the first meeting of the new Adopted and Fostered Adults of the African Diaspora Minnesota Chapter (or AFAAD-MN)! Host: Shannon Gibney and Michelle Johnson When: Tuesday, July 14, 6:30PM Phone: 6122108049 (please call or email Shannon for … Continue reading
You know we had to do it! Adoptees and Foster Care Alumni in MN and surrounding, you are invited to meet up for a casual dinner this Friday, May 22nd! Where: Somewhere near Augsburg College in MN. When: Friday May … Continue reading
Announcing the 2nd Annual Gathering of Adoptees and Foster Care Alumni of African descent: November 6-8th, 2009 Oakland, CA mark your calendars, spread the word! buy your air tickets! details up soon!