- RT @AselefechE: I Am Black History: Ethiopian Adoptees on Race, Identity, and More wp.me/p4ZaEa-23 via @AselefechE 1 year ago
- "Karen Valby & her husband, who are white, have 2 adopted daughters, 1 Ethiopian, 1 AfricanAmer" ti.me/1AggB7B #blackadoptee 1 year ago
- "#Adoptee Anger" by @laealong bit.ly/1DgyL8g #adoption #race 1 year ago
- RT @mckeekee: ‘Black or White’ is an incredibly awful movie about race wapo.st/1z7abW4 via @washingtonpost 1 year ago
- Adoptive Parents: WEBINAR w @pactadopt : Parenting strategies for adopted children from two to five years old. bit.ly/16QbLAv 1 year ago
Category Archives: black adoptee
News from South Africa on Adoption: “JOHANNESBURG (AFP) – In the wake of Madonna’s adoptions in nearby Malawi, and a commercial surrogacy boom in India, South Africa is laying out stricter rules for foreigners looking to make families here. Last … Continue reading
3rd Annual AFAAD (Mini) Gathering for Adoptees and Foster Care Alumni of African Descent and screening of the film, “Off and Running” (co sponsored by PBS’s POV films) Saturday November 13, in Atlanta, GA!
What: 3rd Annual AFAAD (Mini) Gathering for Adoptees and Foster Care Alumni of African Descent and screening of the film, “Off and Running” (co sponsored by PBS’s POV films) in Atlanta, GA. 1-day event, partially open to the public FREE!! … Continue reading
Please read and share this Statement on Haiti released by the Adoptees of Color Roundtable of which AFAAD is a main collaborator: (Official AFAAD statement Wednesday, January 27th, 2010) “This statement reflects the position of an international community of adoptees … Continue reading
AFAAD will be issuing a formal statement on Tuesday January 26, 2010. In light of the rising number of adoption organizations and news stories emerging that are beginning to focus on the children of Haiti and their circumstances, AFAAD will … Continue reading
AFAAD (Adopted and Fostered Adults of the African Diaspora) would like to invite the larger Bay Area to our Annual Public education event and Benefit – “Art House: Adoptees and Foster Care Alumni Speak”, featuring poets, novelists, short films and … Continue reading
We are one month away from our 2nd Annual Gathering! Lots of great folks scheduled to come through. We hope you can make it!