- RT @AselefechE: I Am Black History: Ethiopian Adoptees on Race, Identity, and More wp.me/p4ZaEa-23 via @AselefechE 2 months ago
- "Karen Valby & her husband, who are white, have 2 adopted daughters, 1 Ethiopian, 1 AfricanAmer" ti.me/1AggB7B #blackadoptee 3 months ago
- "#Adoptee Anger" by @laealong bit.ly/1DgyL8g #adoption #race 3 months ago
- RT @mckeekee: ‘Black or White’ is an incredibly awful movie about race wapo.st/1z7abW4 via @washingtonpost 3 months ago
- Adoptive Parents: WEBINAR w @pactadopt : Parenting strategies for adopted children from two to five years old. bit.ly/16QbLAv 3 months ago
Tag Archives: adult adoptees
Dear AFAAD Community of Members & Supporters, What a year 2011 has been for us! We have been blessed to continue much of our outreach work, our educational workshops, discussions, presentations and support of films and artistic productions. We supported … Continue reading
The 4th International Conference on Adoption and Culture Mapping Adoption: Histories, Geographies, Literatures, Politics March 22 – 25, 2012 The Claremont Colleges, Claremont, California Call for Proposals For our 2012 conference, we are expanding our concerns to include not only … Continue reading
March 14th AFAAD Bay Area Special Public Education Event AFAAD Welcomes adoptee and poet Rock Wilk’s solo theater show, “Broke Wide Open” to Oakland as part of our 2011 “Adoptee Voices” Series! Monday, March 14, 8pm. Oakland, CA. Please join … Continue reading
3rd Annual AFAAD (Mini) Gathering for Adoptees and Foster Care Alumni of African Descent and screening of the film, “Off and Running” (co sponsored by PBS’s POV films) Saturday November 13, in Atlanta, GA!
What: 3rd Annual AFAAD (Mini) Gathering for Adoptees and Foster Care Alumni of African Descent and screening of the film, “Off and Running” (co sponsored by PBS’s POV films) in Atlanta, GA. 1-day event, partially open to the public FREE!! … Continue reading
AFAAD is collaborating with other adoptees of color and going to the United States Social Forum and presenting! Its very exciting. The workshop title is, “Where have all our children gone? Linking child removal from communities of color to larger … Continue reading
Non-Profit Volunteer Support Needed!! Black Adoptee and Foster Care Organization AFAAD — Adopted and Fostered Adults of the African Diaspora is looking for qualified volunteers to work with our organization. We are looking for one interns and a few volunteers … Continue reading
AFAAD supports this effort! Please vote to Return Adult Adoptees the right to their Original Birth Certificates VOTE HERE!