- RT @AselefechE: I Am Black History: Ethiopian Adoptees on Race, Identity, and More wp.me/p4ZaEa-23 via @AselefechE 5 years ago
- "Karen Valby & her husband, who are white, have 2 adopted daughters, 1 Ethiopian, 1 AfricanAmer" ti.me/1AggB7B #blackadoptee 5 years ago
- "#Adoptee Anger" by @laealong bit.ly/1DgyL8g #adoption #race 5 years ago
- RT @mckeekee: ‘Black or White’ is an incredibly awful movie about race wapo.st/1z7abW4 via @washingtonpost 5 years ago
- Adoptive Parents: WEBINAR w @pactadopt : Parenting strategies for adopted children from two to five years old. bit.ly/16QbLAv 5 years ago
Tag Archives: african adoptees
Dear AFAAD Community of Members & Supporters, What a year 2011 has been for us! We have been blessed to continue much of our outreach work, our educational workshops, discussions, presentations and support of films and artistic productions. We supported … Continue reading
News from South Africa on Adoption: “JOHANNESBURG (AFP) – In the wake of Madonna’s adoptions in nearby Malawi, and a commercial surrogacy boom in India, South Africa is laying out stricter rules for foreigners looking to make families here. Last … Continue reading
3rd Annual AFAAD (Mini) Gathering for Adoptees and Foster Care Alumni of African Descent and screening of the film, “Off and Running” (co sponsored by PBS’s POV films) Saturday November 13, in Atlanta, GA!
What: 3rd Annual AFAAD (Mini) Gathering for Adoptees and Foster Care Alumni of African Descent and screening of the film, “Off and Running” (co sponsored by PBS’s POV films) in Atlanta, GA. 1-day event, partially open to the public FREE!! … Continue reading
Non-Profit Volunteer Support Needed!! Black Adoptee and Foster Care Organization AFAAD — Adopted and Fostered Adults of the African Diaspora is looking for qualified volunteers to work with our organization. We are looking for one interns and a few volunteers … Continue reading
We are one month away from our 2nd Annual Gathering! Lots of great folks scheduled to come through. We hope you can make it!
Call for Volunteers – Please pass on to students or other folks you know would be interested in our work! AFAAD — Adopted and Fostered Adults of the African Diaspora is looking for qualified volunteers to work with our organization. … Continue reading
Please come to the first meeting of the new Adopted and Fostered Adults of the African Diaspora Minnesota Chapter (or AFAAD-MN)! Host: Shannon Gibney and Michelle Johnson When: Tuesday, July 14, 6:30PM Phone: 6122108049 (please call or email Shannon for … Continue reading
See what AFAAD is up to on Twitter!
Its been a busy year over here at AFAAD! We’ve been meeting all year, once a month, going back and forth between a social setting, and for our discussion group. These group meetings have been instrumental in our growth as … Continue reading